Makes 2 servings. Recipe inspired by Buzzfeed.com.
Breakfast is served! Start your day with this easy and nutritious oatmeal packed full of fiber, vitamins and, best of all, caffeine!
Joe’s Coffee Recommendation:
Colombian Estate Coffee
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup Colombian Estate Coffee
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- Chocolate chips or banana slices (optional)
Combine the rolled oats, milk, Colombian Estate Coffee, brown sugar, and salt in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir the ingredients together and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Continue cooking for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick.
- Serve immediately, top with chocolate chips, bananas or your favorite nut (optional).
*For a stronger caffeine fix, try the recipe with the following liquid ratios: 1/2 cup Joe's Espresso & 1 1/2 cup milk.